Sunday, November 10, 2013

It's About Time

I know - I know.  It's about time - right?  Yes, it is about time I made another post on my blog.  It's been a busy summer and fall and time got away from me.  But I'm back at my computer and looking over about six months of photos - so today is the day.  

Late this summer we took a trip to South Dakota and Montana.  Just love to ramble along in the mountains and high plains.  It sure is cowboy land up yonder.  We did a lot of exploring - Badlands, Black Hills, Custer State Park, Devil's Tower, Glacier National Park to name the biggie's.  We took our time and saw many things, met some new people, and traveled with family to Glacier.  It was a lot of fun and a lot of pictures were taken.  Here are some of my favorites.


I took this photo on the walk to the Mitchell Prehistoric Indian Village in Mitchell, South Dakota.  The color of the water at the lake's edge was really interesting looking. The indian settlement nearby dates back 1,000 years and it is an active archeological dig site. Very interesting place.


These were the most unusual cloud formations I have ever seen.  We camped in a gulch in the town of Deadwood, South Dakota and every evening we enjoyed looking up the gulch at the sky.


This was a shot of one of the streams near Glacier.  I loved the crispness of the green tree against the blue water of the mountain stream.  The photo below shows the vastness of the Black Hills. I'll be putting more photos of this trip on my Flickr.  Check back soon.






















No comments:

Post a Comment