Sunday, March 30, 2014

Orchids, orchids, and more orchids

We have had one heck of a winter - too many bitter cold days, several too deep snows, and just too many gray sunless skies.  Well, it is March and we finally had a nice sunny and warm (60's) Spring day so my husband and I decided on a spur of the moment visit to the Missouri Botanical Garden in St. Louis.

Of course, I had to take my camera with me just in case there were some new spring buds.  We walked into the Welcome Center and there were signs all around announcing that, "this is the last week of the Orchid Show".  We were ecstatic!  I knew I was going to get some great photos of the orchids!

There was a docent in the showroom who spoke with us about the orchids.  They change the arrangements every day, taking out the orchids that have finished blooming and replacing them with newly blossomed plants.  The Garden has a huge nursery where they tend to the orchids year round and one of the orchids dates back to the late 1800's.  I had a better understanding of how special this flower is after taking photographs and talking with the docent.  

Here are some of those photos.








These are posted on my Flickr page too.

I decided to use some of these photos in a digital layout for Digital Scrapper.

Credits
Layout by Donna Juergens
Pretty Powerful Paper Video Tutorial by Barb Brookbank
Font:  Bookman Old Style



No comments:

Post a Comment