Monday, January 13, 2014

Happy New Year (and a belated Merry Christmas)

Since my last post, we swiftly passed through the holiday season and here it is already the middle of January.  I just want to wish everyone a very HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR!

We had a wonderful holiday with a lot of fun family time.  We were so excited that my niece, her little boy, and our eldest daughter were able to join us this year.  I took some photos of my great nephew and posted the layouts I made with those photos here on the blog.

I'm having a blast working on my digital scrapbooking layouts as a member of the Digital Scrappers Creative Team.  I'm learning a lot about posting on websites, linking kits and even more about designing so this endeavor is keeping me busy.

Just last week a lot of our country was hit by a record snowstorm created by the southerly  shift of the Polar Vortex.  Schools, churches, and some businesses were closed, the roads were treacherous, and the temperatures outside were dangerously low, so most of us stayed inside.  




We captured a few photos of the snow around our house.  We did not lose electricity in our area so it was nice and cozy inside our house.  The schools were dismissed the whole week long - pretty unusual for our area.  Now the temperature has risen and a lot of the snow has melted.  It was pretty while it lasted.





No comments:

Post a Comment